Join us on the 2nd & last Thursday of the month for a movie matinee.
You are cordially invited to a Wes Anderson Film Fest at the Henry Carter Hull Library! Join us for a curated selection of five films spanning the career of this director, known for his unique and eclectic visual and storytelling style.
- Thurs. 5/25 @ 2:30 PM: The French Dispatch, 2021. 108 minutes. Rated R. Starring Benicio Del Toro, Adrien Brody, Tilda Swinton, Léa Seydoux, and Timothée Chalamet.
- "The French Dispatch is an American magazine being published in the French city of Ennui-sur-Blasé. When its editor-in-chief, Arthur Howitzer Jr. dies, the staff decides to publish one last edition, highlighting the best stories to come out of the magazine over its 10-year run. These stories involve Moses Rosenthaler, an artist jailed for double homicide; a kidnapping solved by Lieutenant Nescafier, a chef and police officer; and student riots."—Swank Motion Pictures Inc.
- Tues. 6/6 @ 5:30 PM: The Royal Tenenbaums, 2001. 110 minutes. Rated R. Starring Gene Hackman, Anjelica Huston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Stiller, and Luke Wilson.
- "A clan's estranged patriarch loses his home and learns that his ex-wife plans to remarry, so he pretends to be dying to win back his family. Although his ex lets him move back in, his three adult children don't react well to their father's return."—Swank Motion Pictures Inc.
- Thurs. 6/15 @ 3:00 PM: The Darjeeling Limited, 2007. 91 minutes. Rated R. Starring Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman, Amara Karan, and Wallace Wolodarsky.
- "Three estranged brothers reunite for a journey of spiritual discovery on a train trip across India in director Wes Anderson's quirky and stylish dramedy. Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman, Amara Karan, Wallace Wolodarsky, Waris Ahluwalia, Irfan Khan."—Swank Motion Pictures Inc.
- Sat. 6/17 @ 11:00 AM: Moonrise Kingdom, 2012. 94 minutes. Rated PG-13. Starring Jared Gilman, Kara Hayward, Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, and Bill Murray.
- "In this comedy set in 1965, two 12-year-olds fall in love at a summer camp and run off together into the wilderness, leaving various adults and friends to search for them as a violent storm approaches."—Swank Motion Pictures Inc.
- Thurs. 6/29 @ 3:00 PM: Rushmore, 1998. 93 minutes. Rated R. Starring Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Olivia Williams, Brian Cox, and Seymour Cassel.
- "A precocious, preoccupied 15-year-old develops a crush on a teacher and befriends an eccentric tycoon who falls in love with the same woman. Soon, the prep-schooler and the millionaire do battle in an escalating war of dangerous pranks."—Swank Motion Pictures Inc.
Light refreshments served.
Asteroid City, Wes Anderson's newest film, will be released only in theaters on June 16th.